Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Brave New World


Dear friends and family at SFSDF,
I've decided to start seeing other people. It's not you, it's me...
While maintaining the priceless relationships that I've created with both the staff and alumni from the San Francisco School for Digital Filmmaking, I've decided it would be both healthy and worthwhile to start branching out into different communities of filmmakers in and around San Francisco. Staring locally, there is a network of filmmakers in my neighborhood of Bernal Heights centered around the Bernal Heights Outdoor Cinema. Tonight they are have a screening and meet/greet with local filmmakers at the newly renovated Bernal Heights Library. This is the first of their quarterly screenings and I am going to attend. The above flyer is for the event. After that, maybe start attending meetings for the San Francisco Film Society. Attend local film festivals. Submit my work to local film festivals. I really don't know actually. I'm just kinda making this up as I go as there really isn't a blue-print for what one should do post film school. If you know of one, please send it my way.
-b