Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pro of Soundtracks...

This week brought us another seven days of editing and lecture. Our lecture that kicked off the week was on Soundtrack Pro. This was taught by William and it was a very cool and insanely useful lecture. Soundtrack Pro is another Apple program where you can create music (royalty free!!) and sound effects for your films and you can also use it to clean up your audio from what you have already filmed. 

Tuesday night we spent the evening learning how to do V.O. or voice overs for our doc. Incredibly simple and straight forward. 

Wednesday and Thursday I sent the entire two days editing. And editing. And editing. 

Saturday was a Rough Cut Critique and here is my feedback:
Add more B-Roll. 
Edit it down. (My original draft was 19 minutes and it needs to be between 5-8...)
Add a strong start.
Show more of her dedication. 

Also heard, "Did you know your subject is out of focus?"
Why yes I did. That's right... my subject was out of focus for the entire interview. The base of my doc. Out of focus. 

The only bright spot of the day was that we watched Man On Wire. This doc. was completely badass and one of the better movies I've seen in a long time. Watch it if you haven't already!!!