Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Moby... you are my hero.



So... Moby is doing the music to my short film!!! Kinda... Sorta... The balded-vegan-one has created a website called mobygratis for independent filmmakers, where you can choose from approximately 150 of his songs that you can apply for licensure. The best part... it's FREE!!


It was a bit of a lengthy process due to the fact that I listened to all of the music on the site. I found two songs that I thought would work for the short, then I applied. During the process, you have to let them know what your film is about and also what the scene is where you plan on using the music. There is also a bunch of legal mumbo-jumbo in regards to the film being non-for-profit and not changing any of the music and such. The bottom line is that I heard back and was granted licenship on two songs. Rad.


It's pretty amazing in today's society to see an artist like Moby giving back to the creative community. Somewhat inspiring actually. Without getting all Eddie Haskell in regards to The Little Idiot (what Moby call himself), he is also responsible for one of my favorite songs from a film. The song in question is (somewhat flowery titled (similarly to the Reznor/Ross Social Network Track Hand Covers Bruise )) God Moving Over The Face Of The Waters from the flick Heat. Both tracks are worth a listen or two... or two hundred.


Thanks Sir Moby!

3 comments:

JMullikin336 said...

Moby rocks, Eminem shouldn't have dissed him like that.

mrbuckyk said...

Jaap! People are in fact, still listening to Techno. Sorry Mr. Mathers....

Quinn said...

That's really righteous. I guess he meant it when he titled the album "I Like To Score."