Thursday, August 28, 2008

Why does that lion have dreads?

I received an e-mail from Tammy who is the Operations Manager at SFSDF. It was a blanket e-mail that went out to everyone in the Fall program and it mostly dealt with financial options and deadlines and it was also a personal introduction. Evidently she is also from the first class to graduate at SFSDF. After reading the e-mail I called her to discuss paying for the first month of school and once we got payment out of the way she gave me a list of items I will need before I start. It is as such:
-1 External Hardrive: In the range of 500 megabytes to 3 gigabytes. Will be used to store our projects.
- 1 mini Maglite- approx. 6 inches. To be used on set during days which we are filming.
-1 pair Leather Gloves-Used for handing equipment which will include lighting that will be hot.
-Gaffer's Tape. Evidently this is blue and we will be using it on set. Will post a pic once I purchase it.
- 1 Carabiner -or- Fanny pack. This will hold all of your items together while on set. She called it a hip pack. To-may-toh, to-mah-to... it's a fanny-pack so I am sure I will go the carabiner route.
- 1 Note pad. For jotting down memos or ideas that will lead me to wealth and stardom.

Evidently I can get almost everything from JCX Expendables, a film supply store in the Mission. It's been a while but it looks like it is time for some back-to-school shopping...

No comments: