Monday, March 8, 2010

The first cast is stoned... or something like that.

I just finished writing a short film that happens to fall into the genre of the romantic comedy. I set out to write a story that involved two characters, one being a woman, and limiting myself to one setting/location. It's not completely finished and I'm sure there will be a couple more re-writes between now and shooting... and during shooting. However, I'm far enough along that I need to move on to the next phase of pre-production which includes location scouting and casting. Lucky for me, the lovely and talented Miss Jessica Sapick (see above) has agreed to jump aboard this lil' project of mine as the female lead. A bit about Jessica... she just got signed to an acting and modeling contract at Stars Agency (Congrats Jessica!!) and like myself is also from the Midwest. This will be my first time working with Jessica and probably her last time working with me! haha

From here I will begin looking at male actors to play opposite Jessica and start scouting video stores for a shooting location. There is a third role that needs to be filled but it is for a non-speaking part and worst comes to worst, I can just pull a Hitchcock and cast myself in the role. Not out of vanity reasons of course, but just pure necessity. Actually it's totally for vanity reasons. The only reason I am doing any of this is for fame, fortune, and glory... and world domination.

-b

2 comments:

Rogue Designs said...

If you need an extra to like "walk by" or "drop something" I could probably convince my agent to free up some of my time.
Just let me know.
I mean, call my people.

mrbuckyk said...

Well JR... anytime you want to be in a short let me know. We need extras all the time. Seriously