Sunday, February 22, 2009

Jokes n' jokes n' jokes...





The time was upon me. That's right, I filmed another short. We filmed in three locations (The Dogpatch, Bernal Heights, and Sunset District) all in the span of one day. For what we had to accomplish, everything went really smoothly and we finished on time. Three actors and a crew of seven. Lots of equipment. Food. etc. Filmming is just a lot of work. Period.

My short is a comedy about superheroes. The rehearsal went well. Location scouting was okay... not overly happy with all the spots. Costumes were so so. I had to rent and borrow as I have no idea how to sew. I do believe next go 'round I will look online or craigslist or whatever for a costume designer. Essentially, what I am trying to say is that I wasn't 100 percent happy with my preproduction work which is insanely important and I don't think I performed as well as I should have this time.

Everyone worked really well together but we did have some speedbumps, mostly with sound. Faulty equipment and loud natural sound was the bane of my existence. It's just one of the things where you work your hardest and hope for the best. My final scene is on a rooftop and my opening scene is in a working elevator. not the best spots to get good sound. Will find out when I listen during editing. Before I can jump in the editing room , I have some more film work to do on my classmates' shoots.

No comments: